AVIC411.com

questions about AVIC D2 PRICE

Thanks for all the answers and help guys! I'm sure you've had to answer these same questions numerous times, but I appreciate your patience with all my questions.

Probably, but i didn't read any of the above posts

I'll be ordering everything tomorrow afternoon I hope and I'll keep everyone updated on the progress of my install!

Cool Avics are fun.

Can someone confirm that the buttons on the D2 will be green in color when illuminated? Just need to make sure so I can maintain a factory like apperance.

Yup light up a nice light green color.

Well I've made my order so in a few days I'll have an early Christmas!! Then you guys will have a ton of questions :D

It's to late now, but now that you've told me the lights are green, what color are the buttons during the daytime and your head lights aren't on? I assume they don't stay on all the time; I hope not but if they don't I don't think it'll be the end of the world or anything.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP SO FAR :!:

Thanks C, well I guess I can live with that. My truck is a F-150 which as green illumination at night, so I'm hoping it will closely resemble the factory lights. During the daytime all my "green" lights appear as white letters.

I'm sure it's not that big of a deal, heck my XM terk commander lights up blue and I only get mad about it every night I drive my truck to work bc it looks out of place.

*** I have the commander mounted inside my ashtray and it flips in and out so it doesn't actually look out of place. I'll be taking it out soon though and recieving a much better source of XM radio!!

Just wanted to bring everyone up to date on recieving my D2 along with all the other accessories. I hope I can tackle this install between Friday and Saturday this weekend so I can start playing with my new toy.

I never noticed in all the pics, but I like the subtle hints of chrome trim on the volume, info and destination buttons. This will help the unit intergrate into my cab that much better as my truck has lots of chrome trim inside from the factory.

Should I have any problems or concerns that my unit was made in June of 06?

Well guys I finally get my D2 installed yesterday. WOW, I guess I'm a simple person but this thing is more than I ever thought it would be. It looks like a factory option in my 04 F150, the color of the LED lights are like 98% perfect match to my OEM lights.

I didn't reallly encounter any major problems, but as you all know there are a multitude of wires to conect. I started at 11:30 saturday morning and at 8:00 last night I finally had it installled, but I've still got trim peices laying around and some wiring to hide.

The reverse camera worked fine, after I realized I had to turn it on. The XM920 works better when you plug the IP bus cable into the head unit. I also installed a 5V regulator on my factory sub to take care of initial start up thumping/buzzing bc the D2 sends a 12V signal to my factory amp. No problems with this either.

I did the by pass and haven't encountered any problems yet. I only get the mandatory warning screen for using navigation. The vehicle dynamics seem to be working fine, I drove about 50 miles last night before I even tried using this feature and it came up instantly when I make the correct key strokes.

Again, thanks for all the help before I made my purchase and all the good information posted here previously because it made my instillation go 10X faster.