AVIC411.com

Nav takes me to the wrong destination

OK. So I have been enjoying this unit up until I actually began using the navigation to get me places when I had no idea where I'm going. I enter in the address, let's just say it's 123 Jelly St, and then the navigation steers me to the intersection of 21st and Washington 5 miles away from the actual destination and it isn't even on the destination street. This is frustrating for me because it has done this to me 75% of the time I have entered an address. I don't get it... It sucks... I have to verify the location of the destination by checking google maps on the iPhone. Kinda pointless to have a useless unreliable navigation as a head unit. I'm hoping this can be fixed somehow.... please please please

I've verified the city is correct in the destination and this also happens when I search for the name of a destination as well as entering the address.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

Scott

Definitely an odd situation.

Does it take you to a different place everytime or will it always take you to 21st and Washington?

Specifically, what steps are you taking to enter your destination?

The only thing I can think of is perhaps you already have a route set and you are just adding via points or stop overs to the current route. Make sure you go into the navi menu and verify that there is not a route currently planned. if the "Delete Route" or "Cancel Route" icon is lit up that means there is a route already planned. Delete that.

I know this seems elementary but it is the only logical thing I can think of. If this is not the case perhaps there is a problem with the map data that is loaded onto your particular unit. perhaps something went wrong when the files were being uploaded.

Also check your ROUTE CONDITIONS. Make sure you don't have things like AVIOD FREEWAYS checked. The only time that has happened to me is when I had AVIOD TOLL ROADS checked. That caused the unit to guide me completely around the city to avoid it. Your situation is certainly strange if it truly does this 75% of the time.

This exact thing happened to my wife one time in the first week after getting the unit installed (which earned me a nice what-kind-of-crap-did-you-just-spend-all-of-this-money-on look from her because it made her late to a funeral), but hasn't happened since. I looked in the history, and it looked like she had entered the address in correctly, so I don't know what happened.