AVIC411.com

Has anyone successfully connected to the internet through...

Not likely, unless someone got a USB based Bluetooth dongle working (carver was working on that but ran into a problem with the software portion of the BT stack). The Bluetooth device that the AVIC-Fs have does not support the Bluetooth PAN profile, which is what you need to tether. It just does Handsfree and Serial Port profiles.

Thanks for responding. So I would need to use a wifi sd card then use my iphone as a wifi router. Correct?

That's been described by a few others on the forum, not sure if it's been 100% solved or not. Another alternative might be tethering via USB, if there's a WinCE driver for your phone to act as a serial modem.

Thanks for responding. So I would need to use a wifi sd card then use my iphone as a wifi router. Correct?

That's been described by a few others on the forum, not sure if it's been 100% solved or not. Another alternative might be tethering via USB, if there's a WinCE driver for your phone to act as a serial modem.

By serial Modem what do you mean? I've never heard that term before

• 2 months later...

Bump for more information on this.

Are people using internet explorer on their stereos, or is this for information like MSN Direct (which I've never used) for traffic updates, etc. My Samsung Moment has tethering, so I'd love it if my F90BT could stream music directly from the stereo using my phone as the signal. What is needed to make the stereo has internet? I've seen BT dongles on ebay for like .99 shipped.

• 1 month later...
Guest x5james

Using my F90BT to play on the internet would be more cumbersome than using the GPS vs how much easier it is to use on my phone, but it'd still be cool just to say that I could :)

It has been accomplished with an F500BT and there is a thread about it somewhere deep in this forum. Search long enough and you will find it.

Wasn't that accomplished using the Spectec SD WiFi card and not Bluetooth? Thought the OP wanted Bluetooth specifically as a requirement.