AVIC411.com

D2 Turns Off After 5 Seconds Sometimes HELP!

purchased a new d2 installed by a "pro"

turned off 2 minutes after i left

unplugged left sitting for one hour and plugged it back in and it turns on

i broughtit back to the "pro" he checked out his wiring and said the d2 might be defective

so i returned it and got another d2 same wiring

just got it today

i connected everything everything was working , parked the car witin the half hour and it didnt want to turn on

now when im driving it turns on and offf,sometimes wont turn on sometimeswill

may i mention that this guy took out the 1k resistor from the red wire, wasthis the cause of this

any help would be appreciated as iv been stressin this system for close to 2 weeks

I think they are fusible resistors. It'll work fine without it, because I bench tested one of mine that way when I didn't have a harness yet. Seems stupid to cut it off though, why would he do that?

Anyway, I find it unlikely 2 D2's had similar problems. I'd say it sounds like a wiring problem. Maybe a temperature related short or bad connection going open.

Pull the ra't use the ground wire from the wiring harness. It's not dio and make sure the guy didn't use the ground wire from an aftermarket harness. There is no ground wire in the factory wire harness in that spot, so you MUST ground the radio ground wires to the chassis, not the harness. There is probably a ground point behind the radio on top of the tranny hump.

Pull the radio and make sure the guy didn't use the ground wire from an aftermarket harness. There is no ground wire in the factory wire harness in that spot, so you MUST ground the radio ground wires to the chassis, not the harness. There is probably a ground point behind the radio on top of the tranny hump.

The black wire coming from the radio harness, might be 2 of them. These should be attached to a secure ground, such as the bare metal that makes up the frame of the dash. The light green may also be attached to ground, if the installer did a video bypass for you, but that is a different story. Let's fix this first, OK?