AVIC411.com

Pioneer Factory Work

So long story short I started experiencing feedback through my speakers from my 90bt. I shipped my unit back to Pioneer and they shipped it out Friday, everything fixed under warranty. So heres my reason for this thread, when I talked to Pioneer Friday, the ASSURED me everything wrong with the unit was completelty fixed and will be running as well as ever. So does this mean I should be expecting them to send me my unit back with 3.0 installed on it now(it was not before) or will they be sending me a newer Pioneer model, because over the last year my 90bt NEVER ran smoothly lol.

Kind of a pointless thread but id appreciate it if they installed 3.0 for me for no charge.

They are likely sending your unit back "fixed" with 3.0 on it. However, don't set yourself up for disappointment by thinking all is going to be well when you get it back. Often in the past, they have sent defective units back to customers that still had the same problems that they were sent out for. My guess is all they did was upgrade the software and sent it back to you. If your problem was unrelated to the software then it will likely still be a problem when you get it back.

my problem was solely a hardware problem(i was receiving feedback through my speakers that was determined to be coming from inside the headunit). it is just wishful thinking on my part that they would update my unit to 3.0 without me asking for that. and i hope they solved my hardware problem, seeing they had my avic for 2.5 weeks

I sent my F900BT back twice. Their tech support called me and said they could not duplcate my problem. MSN-Direct will not active. They did not fix it. Still haves the same problem. They did repair the USB so I can use my Ipod thats it. Their customer service sucks and no they did not flash the 3.0 FW I had do it myself $60 later........... :???:

• 3 weeks later...

I am having to send my F90BT back as soon as I can get my installer to take it out. iPod USB connectivity problems. When I spoke to Pioneer tech support last night, they told me that I would have to send my version 3 update flash disk to them so they can make sure that I get my unit back with the version 3 working properly. I would assume, then, that they do not do courtesy or routine version 3 upgrades as a normal part of warranty service.