AVIC411.com

Chrysler MyGig Skin

Hello all,

I'm still relatively new here, but I've taken a huge interest in the hacking of the F/X series. I used to be big into alternative shells for Windows and skinning applications for Windows before XP arrived on the scene. I'm a Windows developer by trade and am really excited about what can be done, and what has been done.

I'm also a Jeep owner. I've seen the MyGig systems in action and in my opinion, they are very slick looking. Some examples follow. I know it's not everyone's slice of pizza, but would there be any interest in a MyGig skin for the F/X series?

And in going with that, does anyone have a favorite OS skin that they would like to see on their HU?

mygig1.jpg

RER_nav_radio_001.jpg

0801tr_01_z+mygig_infotainment_system+mygig.jpg

mygig.jpg.jpg

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/chrys ... sirius.jpg

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/mo ... No%205.jpg

That's a MyGig head unit from Chrysler. Usually found on 2007 and up extended packages. It's definitely not stock, but it is factory installed. Comes in two flavors, with nav and without. My father has the non-nav in his 2008 Sebring and it's really well done. Not a large screen, but it gets the job done and works very well. The system has a hard drive in it similar to the Z1/2/3.

I have a friend who can image the drive that's on it, which should make skinning pretty easy. Since I have a Jeep, I thought it would be tricky/slick to have a seemingly factory skin on my aftermarket head unit :)