AVIC411.com

Almost convinced, push me over the edge :-)

Ok so now I'm finally ALMOST convinced LOL. Iv'e been pitting the pros and cons for this unit vs. others. I really like the Alpine 505 but from what I hear even the newest NAV might not be up to snuff (although I haven't seen any reviews or their newest NAV). I've also looked at the the new Avic 9xxbt series as it's just SO customizable but it does have less screen real estate. Lastly I hear a new Z unit might be coming out soon which has me concerned about buying this one now. I'm almost about to buy the Z110BT but I just need some convincing to pull the trigger OR to not... what do you guys think? How have you liked your purchase so far? What are some of the pros and cons that you guys have perceived? Any info would be great. Thanks all :smile:

OK Quick edit... I just saw that Alpine recently released the w900 anyone have any impressions this unit?

Well if you haven't viewed the demo vids I did of the Z you might want to check them out. I pretty much go over most of the advanced features of the unit. As far as why I would go with the Z over any other current unit is solely based on the user interface. This unit is by far the easiest to use and learn quickly. It has a very well laid out interface. This, in my opinion, is the biggest selling point. All of the currently available units support all of the same features. They all do , navi, DVD, CD, iPod, sat radio, HD radio, BT, ect. and sound damn good. However, this unit supports all of the features equality well for my taste where as some of the others may excel in one or two areas but bomb in others. That is where this unit excels in my opinion. Also there will be a paid Z120BT software upgrade for the 110 so you will get the same unit as the new one with a software upgrade. Anyway, check out the demo vids below.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=26954

Yes you will need to get the cable separately. the modal number on it is CD-IU50V. You also might want to consider some type of remote control. There are two options. One is if you have steering wheel controls which is the PAC SWI-PS version 1.6.8. The other if you do not have steering wheel controls is the PAC SWI-P which is a wireless remote receiver. Any of the Pioneer remotes will work with the unit but not for all functions. You can also use both PAC modules together if you want to combine steering controls with wireless controls. There is a wireless remote compatibility thread you can view at the top of this forum. Other then that you will need a dash kit and wiring harness for you vehicle and any sat radio tuners if you decided to go that route.

As far as working properly without inconsistent or unpredictable behavior, the Z is far better. Nearly all of the functions work far better on the Z then any F series. The only thing I would change if I could is the navi software. I would much rather have the F series navi software if it worked properly, then what the Z currently has. There are some features in the F series that I miss and the graphical qualities of the iGo navi software from the F series are more pleasing to me. I of course miss the ability to hack the software to customize it to my taste. All that being said, the Z works. Very well in fact and that is just was not the case when I owned my F series. I am happy with the unit that I have now and am eagerly anticipating the 120 upgrade coming soon.

I'm looking on different websites for the right version of the steering wheel addon but none of them actually say the version number. How do I know which version of the PAC SWI-PS version I'm looking at? I was looking on Amazon and crutchfield.