AVIC411.com

Cold Weather Effect?

Is the cold weather (assuming you have it where you live) affecting your AVIC-Z1 in the morning? When I get into my vehicle in the morning (garage parked), when I back out of the garage, the screen is REALLY dim and dark. It may take up to a mile or two before I can easily read/see the screen. Why does it act like an old TV that needs to warm up before displaying its full brightness?

Chalk it up to the lcd screen. The same thing happens on my d1. It's just because the lcd is so cold it can't display properly. After a few it'll be fine. Completely normal. My d1 is now going through it's second winter doing the same thing, well unless I remote start the car before I leave.

I've noticed that with my D2 the past week or two.

That is, of course, if I don't do like cntrylvr and remote start my car. Mannn I love that thing. Get into my car when its 20 degrees out and my seat is nice and warm, the car is nice and warm, and the windows are all defrosted :lol:

I would advise anybody who has cold weather to get one. Its the best thing I've done to my car besides my D2.

i have noticed my z1 doesn't play any sound when weather goes about below 40 degrees, not sure if it is the deck or the PAC unit that hooks up to the factory bose amp & speakers. I have a Avalanche, I don't think it is the bose system cause I never had this problem with it the factory deck. Only using RCA.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...