AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 in 2004 Corvette Z06.

Gents: I've been doing a little reading of the owners manual.

It appears the unit has a built in amp and IF my NOVICE mind understood the manual: I believe you can drive a sub without a external amp at the same time as the front & rear speakers.

I am HOPING that maybe I can gut the BOSE speakers front and rear, and maybe drop in a small sub at the same time as the installation of the head unit.

This maybe do-able in my mind if I don't have to mount a external sub etc. I just don't have the experience yet to plan appropriately for cross-overs etc that I may need. Frankly I don't even understand what the function of cross-overs are at this point. I can study this, but before I spend the extra time my question is:

Does anyone with experience with the Pioneer AVIC-Z1/Z2/Z3 know for sure if it has the ability to drive new front/rear speakers with a additional sub without a external amp?

Thanks all. Andy

Thanks.

Looks like I may go:

Phase I: Avic with stock Bose speaker system. Includes modifying the dash for double din install from 1.5 din stock.

Phase II: sound mitigation project, new amp/sub/front & rear speakers & possibly tweeters. But that's a lot of work.

since mine is a daily driver, I don't think I can complete both phase's in a single weekend.

Antenna's: how sensitive is the GPS and XM Nav antenna's with respect to each other? The installation manual cautions from installing adjacent to each other as well as running the cables adjacent to each other?

Does anyone have experience to comment on this item?