AVIC411.com

Upgrade to MK5024GAY?

Hi all, sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything using a search.

When upgrading their system, has anyone here used the following drive: MK5024GAY? It's a 2.5" Toshiba, 50GB 7200RPM drive that should work without issue and improve the speed of the system.

If no one has used it, does anyone know of any reason why it wouldn't be a suitable replacement for the stock drive?

Thanks for your help!

I have yet to purchase the drive; my question was posed so that I might find out whether it would work before spending ~$200 on the drive, not to mention the other costs associated with the upgrade.

If no one has yet tried the drive, that's fine; I may go ahead with it anyway. There are a lot of good people on this forum who seem to have accumulated quite a bit of knowledge from working on the Z's (2 of whom already replied to my post ;-) ), so I thought I'd see if anyone had already gone down this path.

If I end up going with the drive, I'll let everyone know whether it's a suitable replacement!