AVIC411.com

Ok I'm ordering the unit today what else do I need with it?

Ok so I have decided that I WILL get the avic. So what else do I need with it? I'm guessing the MSN direct (that's for live traffic information right?) and I need to buy the iPod cable separate correct?

Which unit?

msn comes in some of them.

you need a i-pod cable a wiring harness and a dash install kit and in some cars a antenna adopter.

I'm buying the Z110BT and I have a 2008 Scion TC. I'm getting the unit from Amazon so where would I get a wiring harness and a dash install kit? Also this is the right iPod cable Pioneer Cd-Iu50V Usb Interface Cable For Ipod/Iphone?

I'd call Crutchfield and tell them what model unit you bought and your car make/model and they'll match you up to with the harness & install kit if necessary.

I'd def buy the MSN Direct. Even though it's offline on 1/1/12, that's about 2 years away. Plenty of utility out of it for $100 and $30 lifetime subscription.

I'd also look into a Sirius or XM adapter. I got one just on a lark, and am glad I did. Forgot how much I missed Howard. :)

I got the HD radio adapter, good for AM talk radio or if you live in an area with lots of HD signals, but could have lived w/o it, esp. at a hefty $90 price tag.

Check to see if you need an adapter to maintain your steering wheel controls. You might and it's def. a must have.

That should square you.