AVIC411.com

Unit crashing 3x in 5 days

After a 5500 mile trip from CA>TX>LA>GA>TX>CA the unit has started locking up on the map screen. I can change volume, and *sometimes* change source, but never skip tracks, or stations.

I only see a frozen map screen, and that is it.

In order to get ot back to work. I shut off the car for 30 seconds, and turn it back on. This sucks when you get in the car for a morning commute and while in gridlock, the unit crashes.

This same thing happens to my unit as well. Happens to me about every other day. So the OP is not the only one.

Usually I'm stuck in cali traffic on the freeway so I just turn off and turn back on real quick. But ya, it does blow when it goes down on the freeway and no stop in sight.

Besides just having the screen freezing, I have hardlocks every once in awhile. The unit completely freezes and that really sucks. No music is :cry:

I keep saying I need to call my vendor, but I never do it... lol. So, I'll contact my vendor... hahaha

It did it to me again this week, luckily I was only 10 miles from my office at the time, so I tolerated it for that little while. I will be contacting my vendor, they are going to put in headrest monitors for me as well, so maybe they have some suggestions. I am also going to have to find out about my rebate...

It did it to me again this week, luckily I was only 10 miles from my office at the time, so I tolerated it for that little while. I will be contacting my vendor, they are going to put in headrest monitors for me as well, so maybe they have some suggestions. I am also going to have to find out about my rebate...

They can only speculate as we are. Just exchange it and be done with it.

• 5 weeks later...

Just as a follow up. I had my unit sent to Pioneer to be fixed under warranty, took roughly 3 weeks to get it back. According to my installer Pioneer ended up replacing some internals. Seems to run a lot quicker than before and the actual buttons are a little more responsive than before.

• 3 weeks later...