AVIC411.com

Need To Take A Head Count.....

...of how many users are having tripcomputer/track log trouble. It seems that several of us (this poster included) are having trouble with the trip computer mod...as in sometimes or not working at all. I am in the latter category.

I am trying to get to the bottom of this problem and I want to know if it is tied to the way the unit is bypassed. Either hardware or software. My unit has the software bypass only.

Can you guys chime in and tell me which type of bypass you have?

I would be a really big help!

Thanx,

Bud

Count me in!

One of the reasons to choose the 910BT was tha ability to track trips. I'm using the player in a company car, and beeing able to track my tours is nescessary due to tax reasons. Tracks is radomly stored. Automatic track log is enabled, but after a while it disables itself. There's also an option to log all GPS data on the SD card, but enabling this always results in an empty file.

This is, however, with original an unmodified software.

I'm not sure wther a mod will help or worsen this.

I asked the Pioneer rep in Norway if bypassing the parkingbrake would influence on the log, but they claim it doesn't.

I also had problems with the track logs being intermittent on an unmodified X910BT. I do have the hardware bypass installed.

Also after a few months I started getting Memory Full errors. The only resolution was a complete reset back to factory specs.

I have not re-enabled the tracking function and have not had any further problems.

You should put a poll up with 4 replies to track replies for you:

Trip problems with Hardware Bypass

Trip problems with Software Bypass

No trip problems with Hardware Bypass

No trip problems with Software Bypass

BTW I have pretty much confirmed that MOST of the time if I let the unit boot without moving the trip comp will work.

I am working with 34by151 on a possible work around. He has some tricks up his sleeve that he thinks he might be able to band aid it. We'll see.