AVIC411.com

Really bummed with the x910bt

I am still in the shopping mode so I don't actually own any of these yet but I must say I am bummed with the X910bt. The F910bt has the Premier logo on the front, The x series of the same name doesn't. OK I admit it is a really small thing. Back in the day, the Premier logo really meant something (kinda like the Sony ES logo means better quality over hte non ES line). I am saying this mostly toungue in cheek.

As a side note...

I have an opportunity to get an Eclipse 62dbt, Basically the 6620 with the bluetooth otpion. I can get this unit for $500 nib. I can get the x910 for $550 NIB... Not sure which one to go for. The eclipse will be a MUCH better sounding unit, but it looks a little dated. I don't care for the add-on Blue tooth too. The GPS is kinda dated looking too. The 910 can be modded so if I don't like the look of the nav I can skinn it.

The 910 has built in BT as well as a much better look. The maps will continue to be updated (Eclipse has said they are stopping making maps past next year.

What is the deal with the IPhone GPS feature, where you can transfer a destination form your phone directly to your 910 (or the 710 if you have that one). Does it work well?

What is the deal with the IPhone GPS feature, where you can transfer a destination form your phone directly to your 910 (or the 710 if you have that one). Does it work well?

It works well but it is only compatible with the Z110-120BT, U series, and X920BT. It will not work with the X7/9 series. There will also be no Premier brand in the future.

"There will also be no Premier brand in the future."

That is sad news. It is akin to Sony giving up it's ES line (home audio) or Kenwood getting rid of it's Excelon line.

"It works well but it is only compatible with the Z110-120BT, U series, and X920BT."

I went to the Pioneer site and you are absolutely correct (as you probably already knew). Interesting though that the Amazon site has this feature listed for the x910bt.

I played around with several different units at several audio shops and settled on the X910bt. All in all i'm happy with what it is and what came with it. Plus this site helps me when i decide to "style" it lol.

My opinion...go to an audio shop and see what/how everything looks in person. If you go solely off of the internet you won't know til you get it and sometimes, yea :roll: Just tell them you're checking some stuff out b/c you might have a tax refund coming in.....and to leave you alone. :mrgreen:

You can get it lower on Amazon. I got mine about 6 days ago for $526 w/shipping and had it in Monday, you just have to time it right. I'm pretty certain they'll go somewhat lower once the new ones all roll out and the flocks of people run to them. I figure this will last me long enough (or so my wife says).

There is the possibility of the $100 rebate as I went through an approved vendor...even if they sold it on Amazon. That's a big IF but I really enjoyed the 910 having the option for DVD. I couldn't find a 710 for $400 or i would have snagged that one. But now i have an excuse to do more to my car......

The features this came with and this site swayed me more to the 910....

Good luck with your purchase