AVIC411.com

BT on phone(s) casuing AVIC to reboot?

Has anyone encountered this?

When BT is enabled on my phone, once the phone pairs with the AVIC, the AVIC reboots? And, it will continue to reboot until I disable the BT on the phone.

I tried this with (4) different phones:

2 Winmobile (2003 & 6.1and several 6.5 modded ROMS

1 Nokia Flip (At&T)

1 Samsung Instinct (Sprint)

I've been talking to some people in the Fseries forum who've helped, but the same issue exists. I don;t wanna spend hours at a Verizon store trying out new phones in the parking lot (But I may have to at this point), but this EXACT same thing happened with me with the older F500BT I had previously.

Thoughts?

What model is your unit?

I really dont think it has anything to do with the phones. My feeling is that its a problem with the navi. It is strange that you had the same problem with a different unit but I still want to say that the problem is with the navi and not the phones.

What model is your unit?

I really dont think it has anything to do with the phones. My feeling is that its a problem with the navi. It is strange that you had the same problem with a different unit but I still want to say that the problem is with the navi and not the phones.

In 2 other posts, all the other users were pointing at my phone. Today I tried my co-workers Motorola MOTOW 775 (Predecessor to the Razor) and it did the EXACT SAME THING.I'm ruling out phones and am calling Pioneer tonight. If they can't get it right this time (2nd time this has happened, 1st time was with the F500BT), I'm selling it and am never purchasing another AVIC again. Pioneers tech response last time was and I qoute: "We found nothing wrong with the unit".. :roll:

• 2 months later...

Hi...Have you gotten a solution to the problem. I installed my X710BT 2 days back. Everything works fine except when I try to pair with my iPhone..after the connection gets established the navi reboots and keeps doing that...know of any solutions?

Thanks

I'm having the same problem on my 7010 BT after the 3.0 upgrade. I've found a temporary workaround...if I turn the Bluetooth off on my phone, then startup the AVIC, then turn on the BT on the phone, it connects just fine with no reboot.

I'm not happy about the workaround, but at least it's not rebooting.

Has anyone come up with a solution yet?

• 1 month later...

Still an issue with me. I spoke to Pioneer's tech support last week. They told me to install the BT ver 2. then back to ver. 3. Well, it broke the BT all together and then I had to perform a factory reset.

For all of those who recommended I get a new phone. Well, I performed a factory reset and persoanl data reset, BT paired my CEO's Brand new droid phone (less than 1 day of being used) and WALLAH! It rebooted the the X910bt AGAIN!

Anyone, any hacks, mods, sacraficed chickens, regardless, I'm willing ot try anything at this point. $600+ Brand New out of the box and still no answers from the Pioneer..... :?

• 3 months later...
Still an issue with me. I spoke to Pioneer's tech support last week. They told me to install the BT ver 2. then back to ver. 3. Well, it broke the BT all together and then I had to perform a factory reset.

For all of those who recommended I get a new phone. Well, I performed a factory reset and persoanl data reset, BT paired my CEO's Brand new droid phone (less than 1 day of being used) and WALLAH! It rebooted the the X910bt AGAIN!

Anyone, any hacks, mods, sacraficed chickens, regardless, I'm willing ot try anything at this point. $600+ Brand New out of the box and still no answers from the Pioneer..... :?

There is something wrong with your unit. It should not happen at all let alone with multiple phones. exchange your unit. mine works fine with my DroidX, worked fine with my blackberry curve, works fine with my LG en-v3, and works fine with every phone my customers have had. (we sell mobile electronics)

There is something wrong with your unit. It should not happen at all let alone with multiple phones. exchange your unit. mine works fine with my DroidX, worked fine with my blackberry curve, works fine with my LG en-v3, and works fine with every phone my customers have had. (we sell mobile electronics)

I got a Droid X yesterday and thought the reboot issue was history. After factory resetting the unit and wiping the personal profile on it as well, it paired and rebooted. After coming back up, it hadn't rebooted until this afternoon. I'm calling Pioneer and will not take no for an answer.....