AVIC411.com

No bass and I think I know why

I have my D1 hooked up directly to the stock speakers. Very simple, no sub, no amp, nothing but the HU and speakers. Problem is there is NO bass! Very tinny, way worse than stock. In reading the manual I think it is because the unit thinks I have a sub and is keeping all low frequency sound from getting to the speakers.

In the manual it says to go into the Audio menu and then into the SLA (source level adjustment) and you can set the pre-outs off. But the SLA button is greyed out for me. :x

Anyone have any ideas? Suppose I could hit the reset button. I have downloaded the CNDV-60 torrent and an awaiting my early Christmas present (dual layer DVE burner) and I will upgrade the firmware to D2 but I don't think it will fix it.

The HPF is off. It's in an '05 Corvette which had the Bose system but by the time I got it the stock system had been ripped out in favor of an N1 which is dumb because it blocks the AC vents when it flipped up and the D1 fits neatly into the double DIN. So I sold the N1 and am 95% done installing the D1. So the car had the Bose but they elected to hack into the wiring harness rather than buy the unit to plug into the stock harness and retain the chime and RAP when the put the N1 in and I am just going with it so I used the same wires they did to hook up the D1. The N1 had bass, the D1 does not. I read about the HPF and verified that it was off. Seems like in the SLA menu you can choose whether to send low frequencies to the rear speakers or the sub. I know on the C5's the door speakers had their own amps so it could be that I am sendint an amplified signal to the amps in the doors but that should just sound like total garbage, not just keep the bass out.

I don't have the amp turn on wire hooked up to anything since I am using the HU to power all the speakers. I guess if the door speakers do have their own amp that may explain some of it. I need to crack open the door panel and see exactly what I've got. It's just weird because the N1 was working ok.