AVIC411.com

710bt Reboots when audio is really loud

I know there are rebooting issues for a number of reasons, but I haven't read this one yet....

Anyone know why my AVIC x710bt reboots when I play certain tracks that are at peak level when listened too really loud?

I have a track that in 4 or 5 spots the music crescendos to huge peak with lots of subwoofer. When I have the volume up really really loud, not maxed out, but close....right on the peaks of the volume the system reboots. If I have the volume down it doesn't seem to do it. It's like it's overloading.

Why would that happen?

• 2 weeks later...

it could be that there is not enough power being delivered to the unit, and when it cranked up, it uses more power.

so it gets to the spot in the music thats the loudest, it need slightly more power than whats available to it causing it to reboot

you may need to run a new wire for power (with a fuse) directly from the battery or the fuse box, and also a new ground for the radio.

i would start with a new ground, a weak ground would lead to a low power issue.

the best way to test to see if this is the problem is to tempoary run a power wire and a ground directly to the battery, just run the wires straight over every thing, dont try to hide the wires until you can confirm that this is the real problem.

• 1 month later...

Connecting to the battery directly can help if the connections are bad but more than likely, when a sub woofer hits hard the voltage in the system drops radically this is the same reason you may notice that your headlights are dimming. You need to stiffen the voltage with a capacitor or a battery with a higher cca rating. The higher the Cold Cranking Amps rating, the more reserve the battery has for those sudden bass hits.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to bump but I've had this exact same issue and was wondering if there was any info you could provide me with to help me out as a result of your fixes. It drives me crazy that I can't listen to certain songs at a decent level after dropping this much on a unit. Advice is much appreciated!

EDIT: With some more searching I came across this thread so hopefully it will fix my problem and anybody elses that stumbles across this thread.