AVIC411.com

Just Installed Z110bt in Ford Edge

Let me begin by saying the unit looks really nice. There are some issues I have which perhaps someone here can help me with. 1) why can't I change between 2-D and 3-D while in motion? I also have the Avic D3 in another car and I can change any view mode I want while driving. 2) Even though my installer forgot about installing the wire to automatically dim navi at night I found a day/night button I can select in the pop up quick screen in navi page. However when I select this button nothing happenes! So far that's all. I'm sure I will think of more as time goes. Can anyone help me?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm in 3d mode I can touch any where on the map screen that isn't a button of some sort and it switches it to 2d mode. Once in that mode there is a arrow button on top left screen that you touch to go back to 3d mode.

The dimming at night mode option will dim your nav depending on if your lights are on or off....at least in my car it does that...I installed the unit myself and didn't know jack about car audio installs before doing this one.

chad touching the map doesn't change to 2D; its letting you select another destination.

Another question for everyone> when scrolling on the map if i drag my finger to the right the map moves left and vice versa. This is kinda strange as my Avic D3 moves in the same direction.

Well I don't hate anybody. Noobs get on my nerves when they don't try to help themselves before coming here and posting questions that have been answered a hundred times before or the answer is right in front of them in the manual. There is a search feature on this forum that will isolate questions that have already been answered. Also. I understand not wanting to read the whole manual to answer one question. Therefor a download of the PDF version would make things a lot easier sense it also has a search function. This is what I do when I don't know the answer to a question before posting a new thread. Alright, I've got it out of my system now. Please try not to be rubbed the wrong way. As far as why they did what they did no one knows. IIts just a different way of operating the interface. You will be use to it in no time.

chad touching the map doesn't change to 2D; its letting you select another destination.

Another question for everyone> when scrolling on the map if i drag my finger to the right the map moves left and vice versa. This is kinda strange as my Avic D3 moves in the same direction.

ummm when I touch the map it does go into 2D mode....

there is no destinations set when I do this so maybe you are asking how to do this when you are on a route?