AVIC411.com

Just Installed Z110bt in Ford Edge

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me see if I can bridge the gap on this one. This applies to units where the bypass HAS NOT been done. VBLUE42 is correct. You can not change from 2D to 3D mode (and vise-versa) without the parking brake on. If you are viewing the map in 2D mode it will not change by touching the screen. If you are in 3D mode, the screen will change to 2D mode when you touch the screen, but only to utilize the cursor to find a street, POI, etc. If you do this while driving, notice that the screen will not change to follow your movement. It will stay fixed until you drag the map any direction, or hit the arrow in the top left to change back to 3D mode.

I suggest trying this while driving, and just leave the unit alone for a few miles, and you will see exactly what I'm saying. Eventually, your actual location will no longer be on the map, as it stays fixed.

Let me see if I can bridge the gap on this one. This applies to units where the bypass HAS NOT been done. VBLUE42 is correct. You can not change from 2D to 3D mode (and vise-versa) without the parking brake on. If you are viewing the map in 2D mode it will not change by touching the screen. If you are in 3D mode, the screen will change to 2D mode when you touch the screen, but only to utilize the cursor to find a street, POI, etc. If you do this while driving, notice that the screen will not change to follow your movement. It will stay fixed until you drag the map any direction, or hit the arrow in the top left to change back to 3D mode.

I suggest trying this while driving, and just leave the unit alone for a few miles, and you will see exactly what I'm saying. Eventually, your actual location will no longer be on the map, as it stays fixed.

Thank you SThompson this is what I've been trying to tell them, but they insisted I was wrong. I did read the manual, but I was going crazy cuase people here were saying that you can change while in motion. Thanks for the clarification.

In defense, the confusion on this is understandable when you're new to this unit. When I was comparing models in the store, it certainly looked like it was this easy to switch NAV view modes, which was something I really liked about the Z110. Of course, the sales rep didn't correct me or clarify what it was actually doing. It wasn't until I had the unit installed and tried it while driving until I had my W.T.F. moment.