AVIC411.com

Very quick X910BT question

Can you use the nav feature while having your ipod connected and playing? I'm not clear from reading the manual if you can only have one or the other or both. I read somewhere that the nav is a dongle, so I am a little confused.

Planning on pulling the trigger on a Pioneer unit soon, just want to get a unit that can have nav and DVD working at the same time, as well as my ipod connected. Is the X910BT the correct unit for my needs?

Thanks to much!

I read somewhere that the nav is a dongle

What dongle are you referring to?

In truth I am not sure. When I was looking around for a good price on a unit, one person was selling one and had in the details "GPS dongle included". This is why I asked all of you who KNOW for sure and could give me a straight up answer.

From the sounds of it the GPS is integrated so there would be no need for a GPS dongle.

Thanks for the quick answers, much appreciate it!

In truth I am not sure. When I was looking around for a good price on a unit, one person was selling one and had in the details "GPS dongle included". This is why I asked all of you who KNOW for sure and could give me a straight up answer.

From the sounds of it the GPS is integrated so there would be no need for a GPS dongle.

Thanks for the quick answers, much appreciate it!

May be he meant the GPS antenna?

The navi software resides in 4 gigs of flash memory. There is no dongle.

Thanks for the clarification on that. I'm not sure what the one seller was talking about, hence why I wanted a firm answer here.

In your opinion, would it be worth the wait and additional expense to wait for the X920BT over the X910BT?

Thats up to you. The navi in the current X series is better then with the X920BT in my opinion. I switched back to the X910 from the Z110 for that reason. And the X series can be hacked to do so much more then the currant Z or future X.