AVIC411.com

Am curious about the voice rec

I put mine on the steering column. Right above the windshield wiper adjuster.

It almost looks stock and works for most of my commands. Sometime Ipod is tough though but everything else works the first time.

I wish, we could use it for more things like controlling the volume or changing tracks.

Its funny how for some of us, like me, technology is improving our lives by making us lazier. :)
  • 2 weeks later...
I have had my Z1 since middle of May. The Voice Recognition barely works at all. I wanted to visit a friend who was in the local hospital and I used the Voice Recognition to "GO TO HOSPITAL" . I was directed to Murfreesboro, TN. I did POI etc but it would turn to the FM radio etc.

If I didn't know where the hospital was, I would have never found it using VR. When I entered "hospital" manually by typing it in to the POI field I was directed right to it.

I agree with the Acura MDX comment. The VR in the MDX was unbelievable. If it was only a bigger vehicle. I bought a Seqouia instead.

I am still waiting for the Bluetooth and XM. XM is in but I only want to make one trip to the dealer. He also has a replacement Z1 unit coming for my VR problems.

Very dissapointed as I have a Garmin Streetfinder that I paid $600 last year and it is a much better GPS unit. Constantly recalculates etc. I most likely will go with Ducattii's fix if I decide to keep the unit.

RFGA

'