AVIC411.com

map updates

Are there any map updates for the Z110? I see them for sale on pioneer's web site.

my 110 is only a couple months old, per its manufacturing date on the sticker on it. I just got it installed over the weekend and I'm pretty upset about the maps on it. they are way out of date for a brand new unit. the street I live on is not even on the maps, its been there for at least 2 years. I also have a 0% accuracy rating so far with the navigation, only time I've used it was to find a furniture store. it was listed in the POIs and everything, except it took me to a location about 2 blocks away from where the store was actually located.

never expected a brand new unit to be so out of date, is there anything I can do?

• 4 weeks later...

yeah. also disappointed that you can't see the smaller roads until you zoom way in. I'm driving on a back road with the map zoomed to 5mi (which is pretty close imo!) and I'm driving on a road taht doesn't show up on the map. is there any thing to do about this?

I finally got the thing to find a location today first time! I think its the 7th or 8th time I've tried to use the navigation, only one success. it was able to take me to a local papa murphy's for pizza. couldn't find my house even though its been here for 2 years. couldn't find my local fed ex place, couldn't even find it when I typed in the address! it found the furniture store I wanted to go to, but told me the location was 3 blocks from where it actually was. just today it told me there isn't a single Lowes in all of iowa! I think the problem could be that it can't figure out "lowe's" when you type in "lowes" which is really poor recognition in my opinion.

for all the great features of this head unit the navigation absolutely SUCKS! F-!

yeah. also disappointed that you can't see the smaller roads until you zoom way in. I'm driving on a back road with the map zoomed to 5mi (which is pretty close imo!) and I'm driving on a road taht doesn't show up on the map. is there any thing to do about this?

Zoom in.

Just today it told me there isn't a single Lowes in all of iowa! I think the problem could be that it can't figure out "lowe's" when you type in "lowes" which is really poor recognition in my opinion.

Make sure you have the proper state selected when searching. Also when typing a word the requires a ' or a - you must use a space sense those characters are not available for selection with the units keyboard.

Zoom in.

don't want to. that's not the point. I can zoom in so I can't see anything except for what's right on top of me, but I want to be able to stay zoomed out somewhat so I Can see the route I'm on and what's ahead and still be able to see the road I'm driving on on the map! I'm guessing this unit just doesn't do that. its the only GPS I've ever seen that insists on hiding so much from you. my little garmin's screen is 1/4 the size but it still manages to show me the smaller roads on higher POV levels.

Just today it told me there isn't a single Lowes in all of iowa! I think the problem could be that it can't figure out "lowe's" when you type in "lowes" which is really poor recognition in my opinion.

Make sure you have the proper state selected when searching. Also when typing a word the requires a ' or a - you must use a space sense those characters are not available for selection with the units keyboard.

that just might solve the problem, thanks! still kinda crappy that the search algorithm doesn't null out special characters like that allowing for it to find a match in the above case, but if there's a work around that's good enough.

Zoom in.

don't want to.

Then do without.

Zoom in.

don't want to.

Then do without.

Thanks! That's very helpful.