AVIC411.com

Z110bt and a 07 Tahoe

Ok guys, i have a new Z110bt that i purchased for my previous car. I sold that car and ended up buying an 2007 Tahoe LTZ model. I really cannot stand the Tahoe's Navi unit. It's really awful. So i am thinking of replacing it with my Z110. However i do have some questions regarding compatibility:

1. Can i still use the existing entertainment unit?

2. Can i still use the backing up camera?

3. The internal mic that the car has, can i use that instead?

Has anyone accomplish this?

A. I am not an installer

B. I have never done an install

But...I was PMing with a guy with an '08 Tahoe. And I have been talking with the guy who will be doing my install on a 2010 2500HD.

1. Entertainment unit - not sure about this one, although I would hope GM would have used standard AV cables...but nothing else is industry standard on the vehicle.

2. Backup camera - the guy with the '08 Tahoe was unable to use his stock GM camera. His installer told him he had to use an aftermarket camera becuase the stock camera was not industry standard.

3. Mic - again, I asked the shop doing my install if they could use the stock mic and they said they could not beause the stock mic had a GM proprietary plug. I am not done pushing on this one because there is no reason why you couldnt just solder a standard 1/8 stereo plug onto the GM stock mic. It is just two wires! But....

Anyway...bottom line - seems as if GM uses a bunch of proprietary crap that makes the vehicle entirely un-friendly to upgrades. Not sure why....

The only thing I can say for sure is that you will be able to use the entertainment system. If your factory headunit was the DVD player for the rear screen the Z will be able to do that. You just have to make sure they are connected during the install.

as for the other two questions,I do not have an answer for those.