AVIC411.com

Install Issue: which speaker pin should I go?

Greetings!! :P

I'm new to the thread. I just purchased an X910BT and would like to hook it up to my car. I found out that there are two types of speaker output (correct me if I am wrong) According to the pinout, pin1 to pin8 from the Power Supply cord seems like where I should hook up my speaker wires to. I also found that pin1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 are also output ports to speakers. I am now confused that which one should I go. I understand the AV IN/out contains wires with rounded plugs (sorry for bad expression) whereas the Power Supply output are just plugs. My car is ML350 03 Mercedes. I do NOT have amp nor sub and I have speaker level output wires. Any advice? :D

post-24559-12872761959516_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I also found that pin1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 are also output ports to speakers.[attachment=0]F900Pin-Outs.jpg[/attachment]

it clearly says that 9 and 10 are for the parking brake and VSS.

i am concerned that you dont know enough about this to try to install it yourself, proceed with caution as with a car as complexed as a Mercedes, it is very easy to cause a lot of expensive damage to systems in the cars if wired improperly, including but not limited to catching the car on fire!

be safe and if your unsure about anything, ASK before attempting to "just try something"

Thanks for the advice, I think I got everything figured out. The unit is on and I have no problem with the unit at all. I do now trying to figure out how to backup my software data. Seems like the unit does not read my SD card and I'm not sure if I'm using the correct TestMode data. Is the newest one 2.3?