AVIC411.com

iPod Touch 3rd Gen. and Optional Cord CD-IU230V

I just order a AVIC-X910BT yesterday and I have two quick questions about using my ipod with it. First off does the X910 work with the iPod Touch 3rd generation? I heard someone on another post having problems with 3rd gen not working with the stereo. I just assumed that this stereo works with all iPods. Second question, do I need the pioneer iPod cord to get full use of iPod interface and voice command for music only? I was under the assumption that I only need the Pioneer cord to play video, but if I only wanted music from iPod I could use the cord which came with my iPod and hook it up to the USB. Is that right?

Thanks

any cord that has BOTH usb and composite video and audio will work, you dont have to have the pioneer version.

a standard usb cable will not work, even if just for audio, the AVIC uses the USB just for control and uses the internal sound processor in the IPOD for sound, and that why you need to have audio/video cables hook as well.