AVIC411.com

Change NAV voice on 910 and phone transfer

I've looked over this board and saw something about no options in the newer models to change the voice for the NAV. I've looked through all of my menu options and have found nowhere that I could change it to say "samantha TTS". Any ideas? I just purchased the system and it has the newer firmware.

Also, my phonebook won't transfer from my LG chocolate phone, it says "invalid number" when I try.

Thanks!

what version firmware does your unit have? I just tested an X710BT here in the shop with firmware v. 3.020100 and it definitely has the all of the voice options. If yours does not have it then I would say something isnt right.

go to MENU, SETTINGS, SYSTEM SETTINGS and the icon in the upper left should say LANGUAGE. select that icon and you should see PROGRAM LANGUAGE and VOICE LANGUAGE. choose VOICE LANGUAGE and Samantha TTS should be one of the options.

as far as I know, every nav unit from Pioneer has the ability to change nav voices and gives you at least 1 TTS option. this is not something they would have changed in the new software.