AVIC411.com

Anyone had their Z1 just lock up on boot?

I get the lock up on boot sometimes. It will boot, but sirius will still play (or any source it was on before)

What I have found is that it's heat dependent. When the unit gets too hot it won't boot (my vents run along top of it) I don't know if this would apply to your issue or not.

We've thought the same, because it seemed that it only happened if the truck was parked in the sun. Then it decided to never come off of it's boot screen, no matter how long it had to cool off. Maybe being locked like that so many times finally cooked something.

Ducatiboy was right the factory reset did work, because it worked for me. I would also say I had the same problem, pretty much the same as you described. I did the the factory reset level 4 which deleted everything, but it's worth it. It deleted all my music and all my settings, but it doesn't get hung up on the splash screen and starts as it did before. just my two cents.

Check the wiring again? If you toss another unit in and that too bricks almost immediately, could be something more basic at fault. Also, if you're feeling a bit daring, put another and pair a different phone first. See how that runs, then try pairing that other phone which caused the last lock-up. If it locks, level 4 reset, call Pioneer, and toss that phone away.

The second unit didn't fail the same way the first did, so I don't think it is a vehicle or wiring issue. The only common factor was the phone that was paired. The new head seems like it lost connection to the hard keys on the face of the display. No volume, track selection, eject, etc., but all works fine from the remote. Unfortunately, I only was able to record 2 cd's into the HD before it locked up.