AVIC411.com

Installed avic z110bt Hissing sound at any volume

i just installed this unit and i grounded all the grounds at the frame by the radio behind the dash

i have a hissing sound that gets louder with volume not with engine

so if i play a song lets say at vol 10 and i pause i hear it pretty loud the hissing sound but its constant and doesnt change with rpms

the rest of my sound system is stock any advice?

I also have the same problem with my Civic. Please follow up this thread with what they tell you.

Will Do Vblue.. I watched all your videos on the Z110BT on Youtube and thats what convinced me to get the product.. So far I like everything I see, but there's a couple things that bother me. Such as the terrible mic quality. I have mine mounted in those three slits on the bottom left below the Passenger Airbag lite.

I also hate the Sirius display. I can't believe how they cut corners on that aspect.

My installer also used a Metro dashkit and it isn't fitting properly, so he ordered a new dash kit so it would fit.

The Navigation system is poor IMO. It couldn't find a Wal Mart thats been in an area for over 7 years. I also hate that I have to sort them by the nearest every time, you would think it would do that automatically.

I have my mic located to the left of the rear view mirror on the headliner. I never had issues with mic quality.

When searching for something like Walmart, search as Wal mart. Any POI on that unit that requires a ' or - will need a space in place of those symbols or you will get no results on your search.

Here's what I found out and my buddy fixed the problem.

At volume 7 it sounded like it was on volume 30. I was getting all High Outputs and no Low (I guess thats how you word it). So what my buddy did was, take RCA cables and mod them to give me low and hi's.. You can also buy an adapter at Best Buy that costs $60, but doing the RCA Cable trick is the same thing.

Basically.. The volume was WAAAAYYYYY To loud at 7... The trick he did made it so that I can gradually go up in volume and not have to max out at like 10.

Does this make sense? I'm sorry, but I'm just trying my best to relay what we did.

Are you saying he adapted RCA cables to output from the RCA outs of the unit to the speaker wires of the car?

I have no idea to be honest. I was just watching. I thought maybe someone could better explain.. I'll call him tomorrow and have him email me an explanation so I can give you more information.

When I had the Z, The loudest I could comfortably go up to was about 10. Anything over that was over powering. The X910BT I have now is a lot less powerful. With this unit, I can go up to about 28-30 for around the same level as I was at 12-14 with the Z

You probably have a factory amp that uses low level inputs. When you connect an aftermarket stereos hi-level outs to an amp that normally uses low level inputs you get this problem. In some vehicles you can simply connect a pair of RCA's to the radio and wire those to the standard speakers in the car. This sends the low-level signal to the factory amp and keeps the volume normal. Basically if you have an amp in the car and wire an aftermarget stereo to it standard is is amping an already amped signal....if that makes sense.

You can also purchase a specially designed amp integration piece that converts over the signals to reduce the level going to the amp. The model Best Buy sells is an ISVEI61 or something like that.

Also if you try to run the rcas to the speaker leads in a car without a factory amplifier it will not work.

• 1 month later...

Have the same problem here with a 04 vw passat w8 is this safe for the head unit and the factory amp. I was trying to leave it like that for a month or 2 and then upgrade the amp with new speakers. Tntsniper can you give us some news or more info on what kind of mod your buddy did. I will hate to buy the this product from best buy ISVEI61 and then for it not to work with my car. THanks

Have the same problem here with a 04 vw passat w8 is this safe for the head unit and the factory amp. I was trying to leave it like that for a month or 2 and then upgrade the amp with new speakers. Tntsniper can you give us some news or more info on what kind of mod your buddy did. I will hate to buy the this product from best buy ISVEI61 and then for it not to work with my car. THanks

Well what Noxguy83 said is exactly what I had done.. It works perfect and no more hissing or crazy volume. For example.. when a phone call would come in, the sound would be so loud it would be unusable.. When I would dial out, the Dial Tone would be extremely loud.

I've had it done now for over a month and it works great. The sound quality is great and there's no hissing or sound distortion from the volume being so high..

I honestly had the option to buy the $60 adapter, but I was so fed up with all the minor costs that I occurred during this installation, that I took my buddies advice and trusted him when he told me he could fix this with RCA cables. And he did, perfectly. The only thing about the $60 adapter thats nice is its adjustable, don't ask me why you would be going in and tearing your dash apart or have the adapter hanging out to change it all the time, but it is adjustable..