AVIC411.com

Signpost issues

I am wondering if anyone has some expertise in the area of signposts? I have a problem where my signposts are no longer changing colors. I have restored all of the original files (laneinfo_signpost.ini and signpost_template_bg.bmp). When I open the ini file and comment out the line:

signpost_background_color=RGB(0,48,32)

...it is supposed to turn blue since that is the original color of the signpost_template_bg.bmp file. Odd thing is it doesn't and still stays green. I could make the color purple and it wouldn't change. I have even replaced the signpost_template_bg file with a different one and it still stays the same.

What other items can affect the color of the signs? Mine seem to be locked or at least ignoring the signpost_background_color variable.

Thanks for the help.

I am wondering if anyone has some expertise in the area of signposts? I have a problem where my signposts are no longer changing colors. I have restored all of the original files (laneinfo_signpost.ini and signpost_template_bg.bmp). When I open the ini file and comment out the line:

...it is supposed to turn blue since that is the original color of the signpost_template_bg.bmp file. Odd thing is it doesn't and still stays green. I could make the color purple and it wouldn't change. I have even replaced the signpost_template_bg file with a different one and it still stays the same.

What other items can affect the color of the signs? Mine seem to be locked or at least ignoring the signpost_background_color variable.

Thanks for the help.

I think I know where the problem is. Check in the apl2 folder for the branding folder. Open it up and you should see a ui_pioneer folder, and in common folder there is a laneinfo_signpost.ini file. Delete it and see what happens.

I was drawing blanks the other day when you PMed me and forgot all that one.

Thanks for the help.

I think I know where the problem is. Check in the apl2 folder for the branding folder. Open it up and you should see a ui_pioneer folder, and in common folder there is a laneinfo_signpost.ini file. Delete it and see what happens.

Hmmm... I did a text search for signpost_background_color but maybe I didnt go out to that level. Let me go check it out. Thanks for the reply N-S-E-W.

Hmmm... I did a text search for signpost_background_color but maybe I didnt go out to that level. Let me go check it out. Thanks for the reply N-S-E-W.

This would be outside the data.zip I assume since you reference the apl2 folder. I dont have a folder called branding inside APL2. :-/

Even found the branding.zip file and in there a ui_pioneer/common folder with no laneinfo_signpost.ini file in it.

Alex - Read pages 4 & 5 of your 2.3 thread. ovalball was able to change the color by changing the RGB values and merton changed his as well. I think he used the files on page 4 for his. Try it with a fresh download of your v2.3.

Yeah I did try those files but not on a fresh copy.

I'll give that a shot.

Thanks,

Alex

Strangest thing... I tried running Merten3000's EU version of my mods and the signs are green. Both in an emulator and on my AVIC.

Can someone tell me if when they run a emulator if their signposts show as a different color? There has to be some external factor affecting this I just need to know if I can trouble shoot it in an emulator or not.

Thanks,

Alex

Answered my own question. I think my code might have actually been good all this time! UGH! Got a new emulator environment going and this is what I got with the merten data.zip. Now I just have to figure out what is causing it or restore my AVIC from backup.

post-26802-12872762142836_thumb.jpg

Found it buried at the end of my sys.txt. Somehow this line got in there:

signpost_coloring=1

That locks the coloring to be whatever the system wants it to be. Even irrelevant of the image color. I think that the igo app itself actually generates the color at that point.

Alex

Got a new emulator environment going

Diaftia, can you please tell me (and the rest of the forum) what emulator you've got working & how you've done it?

I can get the one from the wiki page working, but only for the 2.0 upgrade... it crashes with 3.0 & 3.01...

I'm tired of running out to the truck to see what my mods look like...

Thanks Bud!

Found it buried at the end of my sys.txt. Somehow this line got in there:

signpost_coloring=1

That locks the coloring to be whatever the system wants it to be. Even irrelevant of the image color. I think that the igo app itself actually generates the color at that point.

Alex

Good to hear that you were able find the issue. You must of unknowingly added it to your sys.txt not knowing what it did. It wasn't in your sys txt from the download.

This download works for me: http://rapidshare.com/files/271970819/Avic_Emulator.zip

Please follow provided instructions. Works only by double-clicking on EZRIDER.EXE. Not working for MainMenu.exe, AV.exe or TEL.exe.

Good lucks.

yes, I had tried that emulator as well... but just to give you doubt I downloaded it from your link.

It works fine with V2...(as I had stated) but crashes with anything to do with V3 or higher!

so, can anyone tell me if i mod a +V2 data.zip file it will run in +V3???

This download works for me: http://rapidshare.com/files/271970819/Avic_Emulator.zip

Please follow provided instructions. Works only by double-clicking on EZRIDER.EXE. Not working for MainMenu.exe, AV.exe or TEL.exe.

Good lucks.

yes, I had tried that emulator as well... but just to give you doubt I downloaded it from your link.

It works fine with V2...(as I had stated) but crashes with anything to do with V3 or higher!

so, can anyone tell me if i mod a +V2 data.zip file it will run in +V3???

Sorry to hear that but mine is working fine, here is my batch file contents. This batch file should be ran from the folder containing the nk.bin file.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0\deviceemulator.exe" /video 800x480x16 /memsize 256 /c nk.bin /sharedfolder "D:\!Personal Folders\My Temp\My Flash Disk"

And below is the emulator capture from the latest Nav Mod of Abb's Chrome mod.

Good lucks.

post-42373-12872762178336_thumb.jpg