AVIC411.com

Speed Pulse and Hybrid Learning (Vblue)

Hey Guys,

I got my Avic-Z110BT installed last week. I have put over 400 miles on it and here's what its saying.

Everything is almost done except 3D which has NO bars at all..

Speed Pulse is reading 42 (I read that it should read Double your speed, so 20mph should be 40 on speed pulse)

and its on Hybrid Learning which I read means that nothings working the way it should.

What concerns me is I had an installer do everything. I have to go back and get the proper dash kit installed (Since they screwed that up) and I want to go in and make sure that everything is correct.

Also when I'm driving the roads come up a while after i've passed them. I've tried modifying my location but that didnt help.

I drive an 07 Civic EX Coupe. I know VBlue has an idea since he drives basically the same car as me.

Mine didn't finish calibrating till around 1000 miles. Give it some more time. If it doesn't get better do a reset on the unit. I don't thing the speed pulse has any real indication of speed or hybrid learning means anything negative.

Mine didn't finish calibrating till around 1000 miles. Give it some more time. If it doesn't get better do a reset on the unit. I don't thing the speed pulse has any real indication of speed or hybrid learning means anything negative.

My speed pulse goes up very rarely, but it does go up. Also my 3D has no bars at all.. Is that normal? And is there a way to make it so my GPS hits the roads as I'm coming to them? I find it hard when its telling me a turn is coming up and then I realize I passed it because it doesn't show an arrow until I've already gone past the road.

I'm just really worried because I paid these people A LOT of money to get it done right. I had a friend who kept assuring me he'd do it while I was at work, but I didn't want him to screw something up and me hold him responsible.

Thanks Vblue for the quick response. You're a great resource on this forum and in general.

There is a setting that will allow you to shift the location of the indicator on the map. Have a look at page 96 in the manual. Also where is your antenna located?

They ran it to the back of the car. So that may be a reason, but I wouldn't think that it would be that big of a reason. What does your speed pulse read Vblue?

There is no constant setting. It just increases as you accelerate. Make sure the antenna is sitting on something metal and that there is no metal positioned above it.

Okay I'll check on that, as far as speed pulse, mine doesn't increase at all when I accelerate. It just stays at like 42.

Yea thats not normal. Clear the status and start over.

Crap I just took my car for a spin, I was reading it off the 3d Calibration Screen, not the Connection Status.. On the Connection Status Speed Pulse always reads 0.. No matter how fast I'm going or how slow! Argh... I hope they didnt tap into a wrong wire.

I hate small town hick installers (Accurate Auto in Ames, IA). Face of the HU wasn't sitting flush (at an angle in fact!), bad XM reception, buzzing in right front speaker, loud pop on turn on from sub amp (I did ask them to put a 3.3kOhm in line - God knows whether they actually did it) and of course, the VSS wire wasn't connected. Did I mention that they bungled a LED swap (interior, reverse, license, puddle) as well :|

Just dropped it off today at an out-of-town installer for corrections.

I hate small town hick installers (Accurate Auto in Ames, IA). Face of the HU wasn't sitting flush (at an angle in fact!), bad XM reception, buzzing in right front speaker, loud pop on turn on from sub amp (I did ask them to put a 3.3kOhm in line - God knows whether they actually did it) and of course, the VSS wire wasn't connected. Did I mention that they bungled a LED swap (interior, reverse, license, puddle) as well :|

Just dropped it off today at an out-of-town installer for corrections.

Tell me about it buddy.. I had a good friend that knows his shit on car audio, but I didn't want him to install it in my car and jack something up and us lose a good friendship, so I went the installer route. Big mistake.. I ended up going to my buddy and he knew everything like the back of his hand and we had everything fixed, installed, etc in no time.

just so everyone knows about vss wires. They are not available is all cars. Especially older vehicles. They are also not vital to the operation of the unit. All a vss wire does is help base where you are from your speed when a GPS Signal is lost. Such as driving through a long tunnel. As a professional installer I always attempt to connect the vss wires, but as I said in some vehicles its not possible or even practical. Pioneer tech support even told me once(when I was first starting out) that they didnt even need to be connected and not to worry about it.

• 1 month later...
Hey Guys,

I got my Avic-Z110BT installed last week. I have put over 400 miles on it and here's what its saying.

Everything is almost done except 3D which has NO bars at all..

Speed Pulse is reading 42 (I read that it should read Double your speed, so 20mph should be 40 on speed pulse)

and its on Hybrid Learning which I read means that nothings working the way it should.

What concerns me is I had an installer do everything. I have to go back and get the proper dash kit installed (Since they screwed that up) and I want to go in and make sure that everything is correct.

Also when I'm driving the roads come up a while after i've passed them. I've tried modifying my location but that didnt help.

I drive an 07 Civic EX Coupe. I know VBlue has an idea since he drives basically the same car as me.

Are you sure you are getting speed pulse or canbus signal.. two defferent thing.