AVIC411.com

Battery corrosion due to Z110BT???

I installed the Z110BT into my 2008 Lincoln MKX maybe six months ago. In addition to the main unit itself, I also has Sirius and an iPod attached. I've made no mods other than the usual bypass and added the SWI-PS for steering wheel control.

Today, after no driving my car for a couple of days, the battery was dead - weird. When I went to jump the battery, I noted the there seemed to be an excessive amount of corrosion around the terminals, esp. the (+). Since the battery was a couple of years old, I decided to replace it thinking something was up with the degree of corrosion present.

The guy at the auto shop noted the corrosion was quite extensive, taking almost 30min to free the cable from the (+) terminal. He asked me if I had any work done to the electrical system, and when I mentioned the Z110BT, he thought something must be wrong, causing the battery to overcharge/overheat.

Does this sound reasonable and could it be caused by something I did during the installation?

Thanks -

Does this sound reasonable and could it be caused by something I did during the installation?

Thanks -

Absolutely not. Completely unrelated. Captain hit it on the head. Replace the battery and the problem will go away for a couple of years until that battery goes south as well. Just as all batteries do.