AVIC411.com

How To Change The System Font...Everytime

So I finally got around to posting this for all that are interested in changing the system font on a F900BT unit.

THIS HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED ON A F900BT WITH FIRMWARE 3.01. I DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR BRICKING OR OTHERWISE MAKING YOUR UNIT NOT WORK. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE YOU DO THIS.

Now that the "legal" stuff has been said, it's really pretty simple. I have attached the MortScript that I use to this posting, so if you don't feel comfortable modifying files, just download mine and save it into the testmode folder that you use on the SD card to boot into WinCE. Then pick your favorite font file and copy it into the same testmode folder and rename it Tahoma.ttf. Boot into Tesmode then restart the unit and *poof*...the font you picked should appear.

The Details:

After getting frustrated with having to recopy the font file every time I went into testmode, I was determined to find a way to have this done automatically for me. All I did was add the following line into the CopyTool.mscr file with notepad... Copy("\Storage Card\Testmode\Tahoma.ttf","\Windows\Tahoma.ttf")

Then, just copy the font file you want to use into the testmode folder. Now, everytime you go into testmode, you won't have to worry about trying to remember to do this. If you want to change the font to something else, just copy it over and rename it Tahoma.ttf.

I am still trying to find a way to change the color of the system text. I will share with the forum if successful. Hope this helps the group. I know this will save a step for some of you.

CopyTool.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like this thread is dead :evil: .

If anyone is reading, where can I find a simple Windows CE setup packager to build a .CAB cabinet file with _setup.xml :?: I want to build a .CAB file to change some registry keys everytime I boot into Testmode.

I know I can find one with Microsoft's WinCE resource kit, but way too complexe to configure ... :mrgreen:

Thnaks.