AVIC411.com

Will the IPAD work with the Z110BT?

It wont work on the 110 its not going to work with the 120. The 120 would have already been finalized by the time the iPad was announced and released.

Makes sense....

although you would figure after the recent stuff from Apple, they would hold off on the 120/110 update release, to fix, what I would think would be a somewhat quick/simple fix....

While we're talking Apple here....

has anyone noticed that the IPOD app is much more poor quality sound(static-like) when streamed via BT...than say.... AOL Radio App or Pandora APP....

I've even noticed this with 3G.... You would think that the IPod App could do quite a bit better, being that the music is stored locally, versus the other apps streaming over the air...

Honestly, The iPad in place of an iPod is about the most unpractical thing I can imagine. I have an iPod that has three times the capacity of the largest capacity iPad. Also there is reason to believe Apple doesn't wont the iPad to be controlled or utilized in the same way as the iPod with external devices. So you may never see the same integration with the iPad that you see with the iPod when in comes to in-dash devices. Pioneer is always going to focus its integration with the most popular devices. That of course at this point is still the iPod/iPhone devices so there would be no reason for them to hold back for the iPad. Next year, you may actually see iPad support. But only if Apple allows it.

Honestly, The iPad in place of an iPod is about the most unpractical thing I can imagine. I have an iPod that has three times the capacity of the largest capacity iPad. Also there is reason to believe Apple doesn't wont the iPad to be controlled or utilized in the same way as the iPod with external devices. So you may never see the same integration with the iPad that you see with the iPod when in comes to in-dash devices. Pioneer is always going to focus its integration with the most popular devices. That of course at this point is still the iPod/iPhone devices so there would be no reason for them to hold back for the iPad. Next year, you may actually see iPad support. But only if Apple allows it.

Again...makes perfect sense....

I'm with you... I have an IPod to do the job....

It would just have been another kicker had Apple not mess up the IPad compatibility....... that is all...

I know you like Apple.... but this type of stuff from Apple has more/less had me screaming at times....

But then again... they are great at marketing as doing stuff like this helps their sales...

"ohh..the older Ipods no longer work with anything I own"..buy a new one..."ohh..well this IPod doesn't do this and doesn't support that"...well..buy another one of their versions..."hell...this IPhone isn't supported"..."damn...ITunes sucks on Windows...let me try a MAC"..."damn Mac OS isn't as user-friendly as you thought it would be"..."damn...now we have an IPad".."let me get that"...wait..."it doesn't play nice with my collection of accessories"...."let me buy some more over-priced accessories from Apple to replace the older ones that did work"..."why are all the IPod cables too short?" LMAO.....

I will give them credit though....they are great at pushing new technology... and make fine hardware... My Mac(Bootcamped for Win7) sits in my garage and eats up the high humidity/heat all frakin day year round......

Pushing new technology is the goods...and Apple has of late, been doing just that... I freakin hate Apple... But that is from a OS point of view... they've managed to kick arse in their IPod/IPhone area..... But their OS still sucks pretty badly... especially now that Win7 is in full force...<--- I have yet to find a video format that Win7 can't play..... yet, even with 3rd party, you have a horrible experience viewing submitted video on the web...

/rant........

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...