AVIC411.com

iPad does not work with F700BT

Just connected the Ipad to my f700bt. Does not charge, nor does the deck recognize the iPad(says iPod did not connect). I don't see pioneer being able to address the charging issue(iPad needs 10w). Maybe a software update will allow the deck to access music and video.

If I had a choice I would control everything from the iPad, but the deck would be the logical choice when driving

Hell, I had a F700BT and it wouldnt even charge my Iphone 3GS as it has the older apple chip in it. Because of this, I purchased the X910BT which now works perfect with my iphone as it has the newer apple chip init, however, I still dont think that even the X910BT with the newer chip can read the ipad as I believe that the ipad has a different OS than the ipods and iphones.

• 6 months later...

Once the iOS 4.2 update is released for the iPad, in November, playback and control will work through your head unit just like it would for an iPhone or an iPod. The beta version of 4.2 already works in the manner.

BEWARE!!! The IOS 4.2 will increase your battery consumption totally, meaning that instead of 7-8 hrs battery life, you will only get about 4-5 max, and that is with brightness down etc.. It is not worth it for me :(

Now wait a minute abb <_< Do you know this for sure? :blink:

Yeah, I was severly pissed at Apple when this happened to my 3GS after I upgraded to the IOS4 software. I phoned Apple to find out how I can go back to the 3.0 software and they said that you cannot go back after you have upgraded. I asked if this will also happen to my iPad if I upgrade to the 4.0 firmware when it comes out and he said yes, there is a lot of goodies that will naturally require more processing power to run it and therefore will be heavier on the battery. He claims that the features are worth it, but I disagree

You can downgrade your firmware on the iPhone. Always remember Google is your friend. But as I said previously, no doubt 4.2 will affect battery life on the iPad, it wont be drastic. Once its released give it a few days to see what the internet has to say about it.