AVIC411.com

Ordered PAC SWI-PS from Amazon and ver. 1.6.8 shipped!

Hi new to the boards and I know there's been a lot of talk about what version Amazon is shiping for the PAC SWI-PS and after receiving my package today I have version 1.6.8 so I get to assign the VR button! :D Now I am not sure if this is true for all the Amazon product fulfillment centers but thought I'd let everyone know that I did get the latest version which means I don't have to ship it back. My z110bt arrives soon so hopefully I can create a write up for install in a 07Tahoe with factory bose.

post-42772-12872762233868_thumb.jpg

You'll love the PAC-SWI PS and the z110bt. I just installed this into my truck yesterday (took 6 hours ) and it's rockin. It blows the Z1-Z3 series away ,..... I will say that using the steering wheel controls is great, but there is just a very minor delay when using volume up and down, track fwd/reverse, etc. but aside from that , the z110bt is by far an outstanding unit ...

Good luck with it - use it well

I will be attempting the install myself so I'm hoping it doesn't take 6 hours. I actually purchased the AXXESS GMOS-LAN-02 and it appears they provide the parking brake, VSS or speed sense, and a reverse output so most of the work is done. I won't be hooking up the parking brake since I plan on doing the bypass. I stopped by my local install shop and they where kind enough to give me a bypass wire off a idatalink harness from a remote start for an alarm. This way I can still use my mute wire.

The only thing left to do is run the GPS cable and mount it to the front dash, and tap into an ECM plug for the the SWI-PS. After I purchased the AXXESS unit I realized PAC made a similar product OS-4 and it provides the SWI wire already so I wouldn't have had to tap into the ECM. Just a minor inconvenience with the AXXESS unit. I didn't purchase the rear camera since I have the back up sensors on the tahoe so that saves me on install time.

I was hoping to use the GM onstar Mic, but the connection uses a propriety plug so I will be running the MIC for the Pioneer next to the onstar Mic, I wonder if this will cause any problems?

Hopefully by next week I can post pictures and share with the forum.

got my PAC in last weekend and this thing works flawlessly. People have mentioned there is a slight lag on the response but I don't notice it at all, at least not with the Tahoe not sure if it depends on the car. Happy with this purchase but not so much with the GMOS-LAN-02. I wish I bought the OS-4 which allows control over the onstar volume using the steering wheel controls.

Lag in response is probably a resistor thing.

I had the old version (before they KNEW that the 09 Mazda6 had bluetooth) and it was dead slow with a straight setup.

I got done putting mine in yesterday (had to run a wire to the passenger's kick w/ a second resistor) and it's now spot on. I think it has to do with the car's original setup and how well researched the PAC instructions are.

Overall, I have to say this is more complicated than a basic bypass and they could easily think out a solution better (DIP switches come to mind). Making it firmware flashable via USB would be nice too considering I've got $85 tied up in these farking things at this point.

Now, on to trying to cajole the system into doing what I want it to :D

I purchased a PAC SWI-PS from Amazon and it is in fact a version 1.6.8. I installed it in my 04 Sequoia with a Z110 and it works LAG FREE.

One thing I did notice when installing the converter is that the instructions that came with the unit said to use a 150 ohm resistor and their website said to use a 560 ohm. I followed the directions from the companies website. Perhaps that is the cause of some people's lag problems.