AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z1 IPod interface (CD-IB100ii) issues

Has anyone run across random reboots of their IPods with the CD-IB100ii module connected to the AVIC-Z1? I'll be listening to the IPod and then all of a sudden the CD-IB100ii will send the IPod into a cycle of reboots which continuously happens and cannot be prevented unless the IPod is disconnected from the CD-IB100ii. I have tried everything I can think of to reset the CD-IB100ii but after a random amount of time the CD-IB100ii seems to reset itself and will then act normally until the next occurrence.

From what they tell me, the CD-IB100ii is the same and the old CD-IB100 (1)? Except for the connector.

I have the older one. But that never happened to me. Could it be the ipod? You have the most recent updates? It might not hurt to wipe it out and reformat it and reload your music. Sometimes that helps mine.

Is it formatted windows or mac? Not that it matters, but it might.

Sometimes ipods can wig out like that. I have never seen it, but you might want to wipe it out, reformat it and load your music back on. It might help. Honestly that's about all you can do.

I had mine not want to come back from "pioneer". Even when I unplugged it, it just said "pioneer" on it and couldn't get it back to the normal ipod screen.

I reformatted it and it was fine. I probably hadn't reformatted in years.

Never heard of your exact problem, but it might help. Other than being a sluggish interface, never heard of anyone else complain of your issue, so I would learn towards the ipod.