AVIC411.com

Z110BT Mic does not work.

Hi. I recently installed the Z110BT into my trailblazer. Everything works great except the mic does not work at all. I tried it on voice recognition for the IPod, Nav & blutooth for my phone. The `unit says does not recognize, and/or the person on the other end of the phone cant here me. Did I overlook something on the install? or is there a setting I need to go to turn it on or adjust the gain??? I am stumped. I did not completely put back the dash in case I need to pull it back out again in the event the mic is bad. Any advice would be great. Thanks...Buddy

WOW......... I tried to contact Pioneer directly and got the serious runaround. They said to fax the sales receipt to a fax # that did not work, then gave me another one??? did not reply to e-mails, told me to contact the store where I bought it from, they told me that Pioneer was responsible for a replacement and wanted me to send THE ENTIRE UNIT back to them(I don't think so... its installed).. how hard is it just to get a replacement part??

Anyone have this problem with Pioneer? Their customer service sucks to say the least.

Here's a little "tid bit" Just for kicks, I plugged into the Mic socket on the back of my 110BT an XBox 360 headset with a Mic and IT WORKED!!!. So now I know that the unit comes with a mono jack to accept the included mic will work with a stereo 3.5mm plug. Whats up with that???

In the mean time I ordered a computer Mic with a 3.5mm plug to replace the stock Mic that Pioneer doesn't really care to reply back to me.

I got to tell you, on a whim I just plugged it in and it worked. And guess what??? Pioneer shot me an email today and said that they were sending me a new Mic. Never thought I would here from them. Now I need to figgure out what wire I need to have the unit auto dim the display at night and where to hook it up.