AVIC411.com

For anyone having iPod non-connectivity issues with their F Series:

:!: Try taking the ipod inside and charging it to full battery capacity before using it with your F Series navigation. I have tried everything but a new cord to get mine to connect, and this is all that has worked for me. :!:

I've heard the cord could be the issue and when I looked at my usb connection from the composite a/v cable, it seemed like some of the gold or copper had rubbed off the connectors, but that wasn't the issue. My iPod was connecting just fine for months (I have one for the car and one for walking to class/around town with) and when I switched in my walking iPod with the F90, it would connect for about 5 minutes and then just disconnect. I could get it going again by playing a song and then connecting the iPod, but it would eventually cut out. It would still charge the iPod, but that's it. Now I'm just going to dedicate a single iPod for the car and never take it out. Kinda sucks but I've already got two so it works for me.

This is obviously a SERIOUS problem that should have been addressed by the 3.0 update not exacerbated by it. Feel free to use this thread to discuss your own iPod connection issues

• 2 weeks later...