AVIC411.com

Unit doesn't like my data.zip

I just reistalled 3.0 and then upgraded it to 3.02. I then went back in and changed my data.zip to the software bypass version by opening, changing the limit to 128, etc... and re-zipped the file and pasted it back into my unit. It doesn't like my new file.

I tried several different zipping programs to see if it has to do with how it is getting re-compressed (each time the new zipped file is smaller than the origianal Pioneer version). Does anyone have a bypass data.zip that works with 3.02?

Thanks, I'm just sick of the parking break warning!

I just reistalled 3.0 and then upgraded it to 3.02. I then went back in and changed my data.zip to the software bypass version by opening, changing the limit to 128, etc... and re-zipped the file and pasted it back into my unit. It doesn't like my new file.

I tried several different zipping programs to see if it has to do with how it is getting re-compressed (each time the new zipped file is smaller than the origianal Pioneer version). Does anyone have a bypass data.zip that works with 3.02?

Thanks, I'm just sick of the parking break warning!

Just put an uncompressed pioneer.ini file into project_config subfolder of iGO's main folder and don't worry about zipping it.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there no one with a working bypassed DATA.zip? I really can't seem to make any moded one I make work. This sucks!

You were told the most foolproof way of modding the speed control.

• 3 weeks later...

What you are telling me doesn't make sense. To even view the project_config subfolder the DATA.zip file must be unzipped. I do this, otherwise I cannot see the pioneer.ini file to even change it. I am not zipping pioneer.ini itself; I am not zipping the project_config subfolder--but, I must re-zip the DATA folder back into DATA.zip or else it can't be used by the navigation software. One can't just drop an augmented file into a zipped folder--that's not how data compression works.

DATA.zip, however my system is re-zipping it, will not work in any other form other than its OEM state. I could change it all I wanted before 3.0201 and it would work just peachy. I just have hit a wall with 3.0201 and for some reason the tried and true methods that worked before are not working for me now.

What you are telling me doesn't make sense. To even view the project_config subfolder the DATA.zip file must be unzipped. I do this, otherwise I cannot see the pioneer.ini file to even change it. I am not zipping pioneer.ini itself; I am not zipping the project_config subfolder--but, I must re-zip the DATA folder back into DATA.zip or else it can't be used by the navigation software. One can't just drop an augmented file into a zipped folder--that's not how data compression works.

DATA.zip, however my system is re-zipping it, will not work in any other form other than its OEM state. I could change it all I wanted before 3.0201 and it would work just peachy. I just have hit a wall with 3.0201 and for some reason the tried and true methods that worked before are not working for me now.

Since you obviously do not know how to work WInZIP properly, you were told how to give the system a modified file without zipping it up at all. Instead of telling us how data compression works, you could have just tried it...

Since you obviously do not know how to work WInZIP properly, you were told how to give the system a modified file without zipping it up at all. Instead of telling us how data compression works, you could have just tried it...

This, if you use your zip program correctly you can edit the file without unzipping it in the first place in notepad.