AVIC411.com

a few problems with my avic HD3-BT, please help...

It should play MP3 CDs but it definitely will not copy them to the hdd.

I make music CDs using Winamp to burn to the drive in the headunit, using MP3s. (There is a difference between a "music CD" and an "MP3 disc"; you can use MP3s to make a "music CD" though.)

Others use Nero for its ability to burn CD-Text to the disc as well but I never had the inclination to buy it.

ah okay... so you can only burn upto 20 songs into the library at a time?

and if you use winamp, then the songs only come up on screen named with the date and maybe a number... but if you use Nero then you can have them so that the name and artist etc come up on screen? is that what you were saying?

I tried to hook up the ACC wire to the 12v switched source like you said in order to stop losing all of my settings...but there was no way of getting to it (ie. the cigarette lighter). I know its hard to say but do you know of any way to get to it or is there any other way of fixing this problem...? or is there any other 12v switched source that it could be hooked up to? any extra help and detail would be much appreciated...

my car is a Seat Ibiza 2005

thank you in advance for your speedy response

If your AVIC is losing settings, I would think it's the +12V constant source to the yellow wire that might be getting interrupted, as in that wire is connected to switched 12V source when it should be connected to a constant 12V source. I would use a multimeter (or a test light could work too) and check to make sure the yellow wire has 12V at all times while the red wire only has 12V when the ignition is switched to ACC or ON. It's a possibility the installer got them reversed, especially if he cut your car's original connector because car companies don't often follow standard wire color coding. I personally hate when people do that, they should always use a harness adapter and not touch the car's factory wiring. Do you know if he used a harness adapter or just chopped the wiring?

If he chopped the wiring, you might check on some Seat forums to see if anyone has knowledge on the wire colors. Since this forum is predominantly US users, I doubt anyone here has specific info on your car's wiring since Seat cars aren't sold in the US.

ah okay... so you can only burn upto 20 songs into the library at a time?

and if you use winamp, then the songs only come up on screen named with the date and maybe a number... but if you use Nero then you can have them so that the name and artist etc come up on screen? is that what you were saying?

You can burn more than 20 at a time, I just burned the Dethklok album into my Z and that is 23 tracks.

The second part is correct. I have to type all the info into the unit by hand. If you use Nero you won't have to.

GnatGoSplat is correct... I mentioned the yellow wire in a previous post just for the reason he cited: you must have the yellow wire hooked into a constant source.

thank you to you both for all your help. we managed to sort everything out today and it all seems to be working now. So in the nicest possible way... I hope I wont have to post on this forum again lol.

once again thanks for all your help, it really is a great service you put on here.