AVIC411.com

illumination wire

Hmmmm. I connected a wire from the Orange/White wire labeled for the illumination to a gray wire connected to the rear wiper harness and that did nothing. I think I got something wrong here...lol.

You tied into the incorrect wire. You need to tap into the brown wire with the white stripe seen below. NOT the gray wire. This will control the dimmer/illumination wire. This is a brown wire with a white stripe.

3431.jpg

image courtesy of ss-shoutout.com

Does your car/truck radio control lights dim when you turn your lights on. If it does then you should have an illumination wire as an input to you factory OEM radio/HU.

If you are using a after market harness to connect your Z110BT to your factory wiring then all you have to do is color match and connect.

http://www.scosche.com

I hope this info helps

For whatever reason the illumination wire does not operate as it should on the Trailblazer. This connection is the easiest work around. Let me know how this works out for you.

ok. I did the change over. Now I wait till dark to see if it does the trick. Gonna wait on re-installing the dash in case of an issue. Still gonna need to get back into it tho once the new mic comes. Now I see that my key fob does not lock/unlock the doors. Gonna change the battery.