AVIC411.com

Z2 Shutting down automatically

My Z2 is installed via RCA to a 4 channel amp and a sub is attached as well. If I turn up the volume past 15, the screen starts jumping and shows lines when base notes or low notes hit and then, it shuts down and restarts.

It also is getting hot. I just also noticed, the picture for the rearview is getting dark. The lows are hitting really hard but nothing else. Bad unit? Bad harnesses?

I just put on a new battery, all grounds are good. Maybe it's the amp?

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

It sounds like the monitor ribbon cable in the unit is coming loose due to the heavy vibrations. This is my personal opinion though so I could be wrong.

By "getting hot", what do you mean? Elaborate on how you know it's getting hot.

Have you installed any updates to this unit or is it a vanilla Z2, straight out of the box?

It sounds like the monitor ribbon cable in the unit is coming loose due to the heavy vibrations. This is my personal opinion though so I could be wrong.

By "getting hot", what do you mean? Elaborate on how you know it's getting hot.

Have you installed any updates to this unit or is it a vanilla Z2, straight out of the box?

I bought this unit from a previous owner. My first unit was stolen from my car, so, this is a replacement. This is a 2007 mfg dated unit, bypassed by me doing the 2 wire, and I checked and it's on Version 04.0000 and it is up to the 2009 software update. I had talked to Pioneer yesterday and they confirmed the numbers. The chassis of the unit iteself is getting hotter than normal. Now my back up camera video wire is causing the video output to be dark.

If the amp and the Z2 are both powered from the same feed/wire, it could be that it's under-dimensioned, and the voltage is dropping at higher volumes...

The amp is connected to the car battery right now, a brand new red top Optima. I haven't tried taking the amp and sub off the car battery and onto a separate power source yet. I have to also trouble shoot and run some speaker lines to the deck itself and make sure my speakers aren't jacked either. They seem fine on low volume settings though.

Thanks guys.