AVIC411.com

• 1 month later...

I'm having this same problem with my 920BT, connected to a 160GB iPod Classic using the official CD-IU50V cable. It shows all my artists in the list when browsing my music collection, but tapping any of the letters on the left displays "Not Found". I have to scroll manually through the whole list. Browsing that way works just fine, though. And, interestingly, if I scroll down into the list of artists, and then stop for a second, the letters on the left will scroll down to match (so, if I scrolled down to Death Cab For Cutie, the letter tabs on the left will scroll down to the letter D). However, if I then press the letter D, or any other letter, it still displays the "Not Found" message. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Dan

Think I might have found the problem, if not the solution. I took all of the songs off of my 30GB iPod. Then, in iTunes, I made a playlist of about 300-400 songs with artists from A to Z to 123. I then deleted the "Sort Artist" information from all of the songs in that playlist (so, for example, Frank Sinatra got placed under "F" for "Frank" instead of "S" for "Sinatra"). I loaded the "test" iPod with just the songs from my deleted-"Sort Artist" playlist, then plugged it into my X920BT. It worked perfectly--all of the letter tabs found the appropriate artists.

So, it appears that the AVIC series can't handle songs with "Sort Artist" information in iTunes. If, like me, you like to have your music sorted in true alphabetical order, it appears you have two choices: (1) put the data in the "Sort Artist" field in iTunes, knowing that it will screw with your Pioneer navi unit; or (2) actually rename all of your artists (for example, rename "Frank Sinatra" to "Sinatra, Frank" and rename "The Doors" to "Doors, The"). Neither solution is very satisfactory--this seems like something Pioneer could fix in a software update/bug fix. Anyone out there with connections to Pioneer that can suggest this fix to the appropriate people?