AVIC411.com

Updating Contacts via Bluetooth on Moto Droid

Hey guys,

I am trying to import/update my contacts from my phone, and it stays stuck on the "Please send business card from phone" for a while. I waited almost 30 mins last night (after realizing that I actually sat there that long). I read somewhere in a previous post that it shouldn't take that long, but I think this guys was using a G1 & Android 1.6. I am on a Motorola Droid, and running Android 2.1. Phone is registered, connected, and paired no problem. I can make/receive calls w/o issue. Just looking for some help on this one. Other than that, no issues w/ my unit :)

Well it's going to sit there and say that until you send the contacts from the phone.

OK - well as per stated in almost ALL your posts, YOU are of NO help at all. ...STILL wondering how you ended up as a mod, due to you being almost no help at all to anyone that has posed a serious question so far. If I wanted a smart ass answer, I would go down to the local pub...bad troll is bad.

So, again, has anyone (excluding blue) had the problem of updating contacts from a Motorola Droid running Android 2.1? Again, all it is says is: "send business card from mobile phone". The manual states to open up contacts on the phone, and then I assume it is supposed to magically update somehow? It even shows pics in the manual, and is incomplete. Is there something I am missing on my end, or what?

Please help.

You have 2 post on this forum and you state that "I am no help to anyone". That's funny. And with only 2 post, you shouldn't be concerened with how I got to be a mod. Nevertheless, did you send the contacts from the phone? If you didn't, it's not going to send them. If your phone doesn't have that capability, then it's probably not posible.

• 2 months later...

Yeah I just wanted to get a bit more input. I dont personally have a Droid but I have a customer who wants to know this for sure before he commits to buying the Z.

Whether its automatic or manual doesnt really make a difference. he just wants to be 100% sure that he can tranfers his contacts without problems.

If the Droid wont allow the contacts to be pulled from the phone by the unit, then it likely wont work. The best thing he can do is see about getting the phone first and test it with your display unit.

You're on the right track VBLUE. I have a DROID and was having the same problems with my contact list. IIRC you have to go to the Bluetooth settings in the phone and make it "discoverable". If it's not that it is somewhere in the Bluetooth settings on the phone. Once I did that ,no more problems with my contact list.

Redeye

So this is what we found with the customer's Droid:

It automatically transferred his contacts upon connection to the Z. It took a few minutes but eventually the Contacts icon lit up. However, the problem is that almost all of his phone numbers are saved as "Favorites" and he only actually has 3 people saved as "Contacts". So it tranferred those 3 contacts with no problem but we could not figure out how to manually send the "Favorites" to the unit via name card or business card.

We went through every menu on the phone to see if there was a way to send name card or send contact via bluetooth or anything along those lines and had no luck. i did find a post in a Droid forum that says that the Droid does not have this feature.

Ultimately I told the customer that he should move all of his "Favorites" to his "Contacts" list and he should be good to go. I dont know the difference between Contacts and Favorites or why you would use one over the other but it looks like if you have your contacts saved under "Contacts" you should have no problems.

Yea my guess is the "Favorites" aren't able to be transferred over BT on that phone. I don't really understand the difference either especially sense the "Favorites" should be based on the contacts to begin with. On the iPhone, the favorites are merely quick presets based on the contacts arranged so they are easier to access for calling. Regardless, this unit features VR so your customer should just use that to make his calls. If that hasn't come up, you might want to throw that out there. Its a simple, "Call Joe Blow" to make a call. It couldn't be easier.