AVIC411.com

Hey guys, nvm, my installer just put the PB wire to the ground, and didn't even move the mute wire, Even tho I specifically told him what to do, I think he was scared to break the mute wire, Soo when I got home, I checked it and bypassed it myself, The Mute wire was too hard to get out and I was too scared to use to much force, even with a sewing needle, So All I did was got another wire that I had laying around and pushed it in the socket beside the mute wire(all you need to do is connect any wire to that hole, and ground it), and twisted the PB wire and the additional wire I used and Grounded it together, it works like a beauty, excepttt!!!! If I'm watching music videos, and gps at the same time, when the turn comes up and the gps tries to overplay the video, the unit kicks out, but if I'm using gps I don't really need the videos. And to top it off, the Unit is awesome, gps works great In Vancouver, BC, *cough* gold medal *cough* lol and it only took 5 mins to load 25gbs of music/videos, and it only loads it once, unless you disconnect/reconnect!!! Reccend this deck for anyone

Have it in a 2009 Sierra, if y'all want pics let me know!!

Nah your installer wasn't scared, he was just lazy.

Or just plain incompetent.

Actually in my opinion hes just a dumbass for even offering the bypass. And Im saying this from a professional standpoint. There is no way I will ever do a bypass on and video system for a customer. EVER. Its not worth losing my job over or being opened up to facing a lwasuit if an accident ever occurs. What everyone on here needs to understand is that installing a video system that can operate video while driving is Illegal almost everywhere.

So while its is fine and dandy for you to bypass it yourselves it is not ok for a professional installer to do it. Period. We have to look at it as covering our asses, because the blame can easily fall on us for something happening. Also on a side note. Half the people that come in are stoner kids that theres no way in hell I would ever want to be on the road with when theyre watching a movie driving down the road.

So before calling your installers lazy and incompetent , think about this. Would you like to lose your means of livelyhood and be sued for thousands of dollars because the person you installed it for wrecked and killed a family because they wanted to watch a movie instead of concentrating on driving? I know I wouldnt.

Yes. We know that it is illegal (in fact, I often advise our members of this). We're not all retards, we know the laws. But like the OP stated, if the installer tells the customer that he will do the bypass, do it correctly or don't offer to do it.

And most installers I know ARE lazy and incompetent. In fact, a lot of those "stoner kids" you mention make up the majority of the installers here in Southern California. Go figure. :roll:

He is right though. Most reputable installers or shops won't offer to do this for you. If they do then maybe you should take your business elsewhere. And by installers I don't mean "jimmy" the kid/man down the street lol

I took my sub and amp to a local shop here and they installed my stuff and when I was done the guy says to me "I turn your sub to -4, that way they cops won't bug you when you are driving around.". That is the type of shop I like to deal with personally