AVIC411.com

Iphone vs Itouch

Hey thanks to everyone that contributes to this site it really helped with my decision to buy a HU for my car. I just had one quick question. Atnt sucks around where I live and they don't even have a store let alone their 3G svc, so I have Verizon. So since the Z110 has such great interfaces with the IPOD, and I live for music (looking forward to the sphere in the update to the z120 :) ), I am probably just going to buy an IPOD touch. Does the Touch work the same way as the iphone? ie are the connection cables the same? Does the z's interface work the same? I know the pandora won't work really because the touch is wifi, not using a 3G network like the iphone.

Oh and the POI function of the z, that works when you don't have a route planned right? Its just when you have a programmed route you can't search for POI's?

Yes as far as all iPods are concerned.

And the POI search function always works weather you have a route plotted or not. You can even add up to four additional POI waypoints to the route as stops before you get to your destination.

• 5 weeks later...

This is what I am doing:

I have the Sprint 3g/4g Overdrive mobile hotspot in the car, I stream Pandora, etc to the touch in my car and it works nicely. I was on a drive CA>TX>LA>GA>TX>CA and believe me, this thing was great, in addition to the XM radio.

There are a few things that it does not do, like contacts or addresses stored on the touch showing up in the HU as an option as with the iPhone.