AVIC411.com

Bypass Pin Removal Trick

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but if you flip the white plug over and look at the bottom there are 3 little notches in the bottom. If you pry up on all of them, the center piece that does the locking becomes loose. Don't take it all the way out though!

From there, just take a straightened out staple and put it in the small rectangular hole below the pin you are removing. Give the wire a little tug and it should come right out.

Move the wire over and then snap the center piece of the connector back down into place and you should be good to go.

That should help those who are trying to do the bypass and having a difficult time moving the wire over.

If you look at a k-series honda ECU plug, it is the same plug/pin setup, maybe not identical plug, but the pins are the same. I used to make wireharnesses for K-series swaps in Honda/Acuras. K-series motor ECU plug pins are the ones you're looking for. You can't buy just 1 pin though...I think we had to order them in quanities of like 10,000 from Japan :!: but if you know someone doing the swap or that has done the swap, they might have an unused pin or two they can spare. Hope that helps.

If you look at a k-series honda ECU plug, it is the same plug/pin setup, maybe not identical plug, but the pins are the same. I used to make wireharnesses for K-series swaps in Honda/Acuras. K-series motor ECU plug pins are the ones you're looking for. You can't buy just 1 pin though...I think we had to order them in quanities of like 10,000 from Japan :!: but if you know someone doing the swap or that has done the swap, they might have an unused pin or two they can spare. Hope that helps.

If the pin breaks, fish the pin back, plug it in, and hotmelt it in.

If the pin breaks, fish the pin back, plug it in, and hotmelt it in.

AND THEN

superman-dat-ho.jpg