AVIC411.com

I have an avic z2 and it started to freeze on me. Its not working properlly at all. I know that my avic is a little old but hopefully somebody can help me. I heard of the firmware for it but i dont know much about it. What kind of cd do i use to download the firmware. All to complicated. Do i need to download Nero?

My Avic is frozen completly. I cannot figure out if its a Avic 1 download or Avic 2 download. How can I figure it out?

What do you mean by completely froze? No errors? Does it boot to the main screen? Have you tried resetting it?

The freezing fix that Pioneer posted, is caused by the unit getting too hot... In which I "think" all they did was up the fan speed... So maybe try to get the cab of the car cooled down before trying it...

If it's frozen completely, then the update isn't gonna fix it.... in other words, it needs to be able to power on, and boot from the disc...

If you bought your Avic new, or you know that no one has replaced the firmware... then if your unit says Z2 on the front bezel... then you need the Z2 firmware...

Also... if you can confirm it's your hard drive that's crapped the bed.... You may try to send GarretToomey a PM... I don't know if he still offers it.... But he used to offer a pretty awesome deal on new/upgraded hard drives with all the latest software...In which would make your unit a Z3....

dawgbone.

ok. i got the disc in the system. It reads cd-rom inserted and thats it. I waited 30 minutes and nothing. Didnt turn it off for 30 min. I just cant leave the vehicle on for long time. I left the disc inside. Somewhere i saw that it coould take more that a day for it to re-boot itself so leave the disc inside until it does. Is that right?

dawgbone.

ok. i got the disc in the system. It reads cd-rom inserted and thats it. I waited 30 minutes and nothing. Didnt turn it off for 30 min. I just cant leave the vehicle on for long time. I left the disc inside. Somewhere i saw that it coould take more that a day for it to re-boot itself so leave the disc inside until it does. Is that right?

More than likely...it just doesn't like the disc you used or your burn settings weren't right...

What type of disc did you use?

Make sure you use Mode 1.. and that you check the finalize disc option... also try to burn it at the slowest speed possible...

How do you know if its Format 1 or finalize. It never asked me any of those questions. In winzip i copied and then pasted it on the disk. It just asked me if the disk was in the slot. Then when it finished it said transfer complete.

You cannot use the standard windows software to burn discs... You need a program like Nero...