AVIC411.com

Working on a 3.0 Apple Theme

I have seen so many posts up here about the Apple theme and I myself and an Apple guy. So instead of waiting for one, I figured I would start my own. This will be mainly an iPhone like theme (as it is a touch device). I will be working on this over the course of the next week or two and hope to have it complete by then. Any feedback would be welcomed as I will post pics as I complete the initial mock ups.

I just upgraded my 700bt to 3.002 and this will work with the F-series 3.0 when complete...

Desrock!

post-33256-128727623802_thumb.gif

I dont know if this will help, but you can download iPhone GUi templates as PSD from here:

http://www.teehanlax.com/blog/2009/06/1 ... ui-psd-30/

and here:

http://speckyboy.com/2010/04/30/iphone- ... and-icons/

now get working and show me some magic :D

I have seen so many posts up here about the Apple theme and I myself and an Apple guy. So instead of waiting for one, I figured I would start my own. This will be mainly an iPhone like theme (as it is a touch device). I will be working on this over the course of the next week or two and hope to have it complete by then. Any feedback would be welcomed as I will post pics as I complete the initial mock ups.

I just upgraded my 700bt to 3.002 and this will work with the F-series 3.0 when complete...

Desrock!

Looks alright, but the Wallpaper (Grey) is no good IMO

And I don't like the Slide to Unlock, I see no point to it being there.

All in all, Well done.

I really don't like the slide to unlock either, just threw it in there to see what it would look like as I was sticking to an iPhone/iTouch theme. I want a background, as I dislike the black background...too plain. We'll see, how it goes.

You will not be able to get the grey background........EVER! if you can, then you will earn 'god status' :mrgreen:

What would hold me back from a grey background? Have you tried this? If you know for sure, please let me know, but in all I have done so far, it seems that it will work (It is much more work then if i left the black, but...). Now I just need to get the emulator working, so I don't make progress then find out there are issues.

thanks!

You will not be able to get the grey background........EVER! if you can, then you will earn 'god status' :mrgreen:

What would hold me back from a grey background? Have you tried this? If you know for sure, please let me know,

thanks!

Yes, I know for sure. It used to be available in the 1.0 firmware. After the 2.0 firmware, Pioneer hardcoded the background for the Main/AV section to help with the quicker boot times. I literally searched EVERY file in the APL folder for the background and it is NOT available. It is available in the NAV section, but not for the main section or the AV section.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post...I'm a newbie to the avic community but am very excited to see this topic. I will anxiously be waiting to see when the Apple theme comes out.

I too don't see much of a point with the "slide to unlock" function, but I see your reasoning in wanting to preserve the Apple-esque nature of the theme.

Just one suggestion for the theme: try not to clutter it too much with the apple logo. I have a ps3 and have tested out lots of different themes, and most of them will have that stupid apple logo as background screens or integrated in somehow.