AVIC411.com

F900BT DEAD ????? Will pay to have someone re do it !!

My Avic F900BT when connected to power the Dial and buttons light up for a few seconds then go out. The screen doesnt light up flash or even go to the splash screen. Its got power because you can hear the fan running. IS it DEAD ??? Im sure its a software issue because it was a 2.0 unit and someone tried updating it to 3.0. Can the unit be flushed and redone with the 3.0 ? Is there anyone that can reload everything or does it have to go back to Pioneer ? Any Idea of costs to do so ? I would rather pay someone to fix this since I am not great with programming.

• 2 weeks later...
My F900BT is now doing absolutely nothing !!!! Im sure its just the program...Does anyone know if and how much Pioneer would charge to fix a BRICK ????? Is it worth anything to sell in this state without it being fixed ?

If its doing absolutely nothing, then it is not the program. Remember, this is based on a windows OS. If it was the program, it will still start up until it hits the software. If it does not boot up to even get into 'testmode', then there is not to much anyone here can do for you. If it is passed the expiry, I would suggest buying a new one as they are fairly cheap on ebay and if you buy an x series, it will have 3.0 already built in. Yoiu can send it in to Pioneer, but it will probably cost you your left nut and then you will still have a vulnerable unit that is a generation old.